Senior Frontend Engineer
Rex is an ecosystem that incubates, launches and operates tech startups across a number of sectors at the intersection of technology and real estate: Services, FinTech, InsureTech, Data Services, and more. We are creating the Future of Real Estate by building and launching multiple tech companies committed to serving and empowering people everywhere.
We are launching synergistic tech startups that will scale via real estate into numerous industries creating a flywheel effect where each launch strengthens the value of the network, increases the talent density, accelerates cross-pollination of ideas, and creates mutually beneficial corporate and technical infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
- Help own development efforts as a founding engineer on one of Rex’s launch stage companies both as an individual contributor and technical expert.
- Design, build, test, deploy, and maintain performant, highly-scalable web applications.
- Implement front end software design standards and best practices.
- Collaborate with, and provide feedback to, teammates in design and product to ensure timely delivery of project objectives.
- Execute with a high degree of individual ownership, but are also adept working as part of a team.
- Recruiting and building teams at Rex is a top priority, each person will participate in interviewing prospective candidates.
What you offer:
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering roles
- Exceptional experience and skills with React
- Experience with React Native
- A proven track record shipping production products at scale
- Aesthetic instincts in both visual and interaction design
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of problems and system components
- BA/BS (or MA/MS) in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Expo and/or Next.js is a plus
- Experience with Node.js and/or Express.js is a plus
- Experience with AWS and continuous delivery practices is a plus
Before you apply, review these resources to better understand our culture and mission:
- Rex ecosystem initiatives
- Peter Rex writing in WSJ about moving Rex from Seattle to Austin
- Peter Rex on Fox Business
- Peter Rex on Bloomberg Radio
What we offer:
- Remote work for engineers in the Austin area
- Competitive salary and early-in equity awards
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) with employer match
- Unlimited (discretionary) PTO in addition to Holidays and your birthday off
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Dependent Flexible Spending Account
- Mental health telecounseling options
- We are committed to serving others with a focus on faith, family, and freedom
From the top-down, we are committed to investing in the development of all team members in both a professional and personal setting. We host monthly company socials where employees and family members get together to build our community. Regular performance evaluations are intended to provide a feedback loop, providing opportunities for consistent growth on both ends.