Vice President, Investments
Rex is an ecosystem that incubates, launches and operates tech startups across a number of sectors at the intersection of technology and real estate: Services, FinTech, InsureTech, Data Services, and more. We are creating the Future of Real Estate by building and launching multiple tech companies committed to serving and empowering people everywhere.
We are launching synergistic tech startups that will scale via real estate into numerous industries creating a flywheel effect where each launch strengthens the value of the network, increases the talent density, accelerates cross-pollination of ideas, and creates mutually beneficial corporate and technical infrastructure.
Job Role Overview
We are seeking a VP of Investments to supercharge our growth. The right candidate will build a scalable pipeline of capital from High Net Worth and Ultra High Net Worth investors.
What you’ll do:
- Attract and close capital from HNW and UHNW investors through sales and business development efforts.
- Plan, host, and attend investor events.
- Create any required investor materials.
- Cultivate relationships and iterate strategies based on market insights.
- Maximize output of the internal team (product/design/comms).
- Collect, analyze and report all ongoing metrics re: sales, marketing, informing future strategies/content.
What you offer:
- Passion to serve investors in tech via marketing, communications, and in-person meetings; 3-7 yrs experience at a high quality firm.
- 3+ years of experience closing capital from UHNW and HNW investors.
- Strong financial acumen, can sell financial products with little support.
- You have a high EQ and excel at reading people and influencing outcomes.
- Bring a strong network of investors who are interested in investing in tech.
- Missionary builder/hustler; works smarter/harder than 99%; loves the startup grind
Before you apply, review these resources to better understand our culture and mission:
- Rex ecosystem initiatives
- Peter Rex writing in WSJ about moving Rex from Seattle to Austin
- Peter Rex on Fox Business
- Peter Rex on Bloomberg Radio
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and early-in equity awards
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) with employer match
- Unlimited (discretionary) PTO in addition to Holidays and your birthday off
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Dependent Flexible Spending Account
- Mental health telecounseling options
- We are committed to serving others with a focus on faith, family, and freedom
- Ability to work in person on hybrid schedule in Austin, Texas (or willing to relocate)
From the top-down, we are committed to investing in the development of all team members in both a professional and personal setting. We host monthly company socials where employees and family members get together to build our community. Regular performance evaluations are intended to provide a feedback loop, providing opportunities for consistent growth on both ends.