Managing Director, ATX
Rex is an ecosystem of investment, technology, and operating companies disrupting real estate. ATX Acquisitions, the Real Estate Private Equity division of Rex, is looking for a Managing Director, specializing in raising equity and syndicating real estate deals using passive capital. The right candidate will be able to leverage Rex’s sterling track record to supercharge the growth of ATX Acquisitions.
ATX Acquisitions was founded in 2021 to pursue long-term hold, opportunistic, real estate investments. ATX is a new investment platform launched by the owner of Avesta Real Estate Holdings, LLC (also known as InvestRes) and some key members of InvestRes’ Investment Committee. The InvestRes team began investing in real estate in 2005, and since then, has raised over $500M in equity investments, acquired approximately 100 assets totaling over $2 billion in AUM, and generated an average net IRR of 22.4% while never losing investor principal.
This leader will also be able to leverage Rex’s technology companies to drive a competitive advantage. Review our initiatives page for more details on the current companies and our culture page to understand who we are.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a member of the Investment Committee, ensuring investments are of the highest quality.
- Lead the equity raising capability by setting the strategy, building the appropriate team, and generating a strong pipeline of LP’s.
- Take a hands-on approach to create a cohesive team of A players.
- Work across acquisitions, legal, accounting and finance for structuring investment vehicles, including funds, direct syndications, foreign investments, and 1031 TIC structures.
- Partner with ATX leadership to set strategy regarding funds and direct investments.
- If qualified, oversee investments, investor relations and asset management.
- Oversee investor materials for deal offerings; copy, visual, video, etc.
- Create a scalable process for raising capital
What you offer:
- 10-15 years of experience in Real Estate / Private Equity, preferably multifamily, office, and hospitality.
- 3+ years leading a team to their highest potential
- Passion for and successful track record of capital raising from HNW, UHNW and family offices with an ability to exceed expectations through marketing, structuring, closing, and servicing
- Ability to secure capital for deals as small as $5M to over $100M
- Leader from a top tier investment fund
- Financial modeling and waterfall competence
- Experience taking a project from start to finish with exemplary results
- Commended by colleagues and friends for maintaining a cool temperament in any situation
- Tech-forward thinker
- Desire to create a direct to investor platform that doesn’t involve a middleman
- Long-term focused, not a mercenary mentality
Before you apply, review these resources to better understand our culture and mission:
- Rex ecosystem initiatives
- Peter Rex writing in WSJ about moving Rex from Seattle to Austin
- Peter Rex on Fox Business
- Peter Rex on Bloomberg Radio
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and early-in equity awards
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) with employer match
- Unlimited (discretionary) PTO in addition to Holidays and your birthday off
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Dependent Flexible Spending Account
- Mental health telecounseling options
- We are committed to serving others with a focus on faith, family, and freedom
- Ability to work in person on hybrid schedule in Austin, Texas (or willing to relocate)
From the top-down, we are committed to investing in the development of all team members in both a professional and personal setting. We host monthly company socials where employees and family members get together to build our community. Regular performance evaluations are intended to provide a feedback loop, providing opportunities for consistent growth on both ends.