Rex is an ecosystem that incubates, launches and operates tech startups across a number of sectors at the intersection of technology and real estate: Services, FinTech, InsureTech, Data Services, and more. We are creating the Future of Real Estate by building and launching multiple tech companies committed to serving and empowering people everywhere.
We are launching synergistic tech startups that will scale via real estate into numerous industries creating a flywheel effect where each launch strengthens the value of the network, increases the talent density, accelerates cross-pollination of ideas, and creates mutually beneficial corporate and technical infrastructure.
As the Senior Architect, you will lead the engineering team in evolving the architecture and maintain a high-quality and well-architected codebase.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Data Science, Machine Learning, and operations teams to deliver mission-critical exceptional products in a timely manner;
- Lead the engineering team in evolving the architecture and maintain a high-quality, well-architected codebase;
- Mentor others in their technology evaluations, designs, code, and implementations;
- Act as a thought partner to the founder in ensuring the platform is well built to meet the short-term goals but also long-term durability and growth;
- Clearly communicate to multiple stakeholders: engineers, operations, and executive team;
- Hire and mentor A+ engineering talent both local and outsourced; and
- Implement best practice engineering methods.
Experience/Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Chemical Technology, Computer Information Systems or a related field and 10 years of experience as a Software Developer.
- 10 years of software development experience;
- 5 years of experience and a track record of successfully leading, delivering, and evolving large technical projects and hitting results, in addition to a proven ability to solve difficult technical challenges and anticipate technical problems ahead of time;
- 5 years of experience and strong grasp of data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems;
- 7 years of experience with the following technologies: Kotlin (or related languages - Java, Scala, Swift), JS Frameworks like ReactJS, APIs (REST, GraphQL), message broker/event queue technologies (Rabbit, Kafka), Cloud Systems (AWS, GCP) and NoSQL databases;
- 5 years of experience and comfort with ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development; and
- 5 years of experience leading both onshore and offshore engineering teams.
Before you apply, review these resources to better understand our culture and mission:
- Rex ecosystem initiatives
- Peter Rex writing in WSJ about moving Rex from Seattle to Austin
- Peter Rex on Fox Business
- Peter Rex on Bloomberg Radio
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and early-in equity awards
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) with employer match
- Unlimited (discretionary) PTO in addition to Holidays and your birthday off
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Dependent Flexible Spending Account
- Mental health telecounseling options
- We are committed to serving others with a focus on faith, family, and freedom
- Ability to work onsite in person in Austin, Texas
From the top-down, we are committed to investing in the development of all team members in both a professional and personal setting. We host monthly company socials where employees and family members get together to build our community. Regular performance evaluations are intended to provide a feedback loop, providing opportunities for consistent growth on both ends.