Machine Learning Engineer
Rex is an ecosystem that incubates, launches and operates tech startups across a number of sectors at the intersection of technology and real estate: Services, FinTech, InsureTech, Data Services, and more. We are creating the Future of Real Estate by building and launching multiple tech companies committed to serving and empowering people everywhere.
We are launching synergistic tech startups that will scale via real estate into numerous industries creating a flywheel effect where each launch strengthens the value of the network, increases the talent density, accelerates cross-pollination of ideas, and creates mutually beneficial corporate and technical infrastructure.
We are not actively hiring but interested in talking with people who feel they would fit well within the Rex ecosystem. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Job Role Overview
We look for talented Machine Learning Engineers interested in solving complex problems that help to serve customers. This is a high impact role that will support all startups each solving a unique problem within the residential real-estate industry. This role will report to VP of Data & Machine Learning and work alongside a talented team of Machine Learning and Data Engineers.
What you’ll do:
- Design, train and deploy machine learning and/or natural language understanding models
- Work across Rex companies to implement new features related to machine learning and engineer real-time data pipelines to incorporate them into the company’s models
- Apply research and existing academic work to real-life problems
- Write production quality code, scale solutions for high-throughput and low-latency requirements
- Implement model observability and system performance
- Collaborate with product, design and user research partners as well as the data engineers in the Rex Ecosystem companies to design and architect innovative machine learning solutions to improve the customer experience
What you offer:
- 3+ years of experience as machine learning engineer or applied machine learning scientist
- Experience with machine learning pipelines and concepts such as large-scale training, batch feature extraction, real-time serving platforms
- Experience with common ML/NLP libraries experience with BERT, SpaCy, NLTK, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras
- Experience with machine learning techniques and advanced analytics (e.g. regression, classification, clustering, time series, causal inference, text analytics)
- Experience working with datasets that reflect real life problems such as noisy, highly imbalanced datasets
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
Before you apply, review these resources to better understand our culture and mission:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and early-in equity awards
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) with employer match
- Unlimited (discretionary) PTO in addition to Holidays and your birthday off
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Dependent Flexible Spending Account
- Mental health telecounseling options
- We are committed to serving others with a focus on faith, family, and freedom
From the top-down, we are committed to investing in the development of all team members in both a professional and personal setting. We host monthly company socials where employees and family members get together to build our community. Regular performance evaluations are intended to provide a feedback loop, providing opportunities for consistent growth on both ends.