Rex is an ecosystem that incubates, launches and operates tech startups across a number of sectors at the intersection of technology and real estate: Services, FinTech, InsureTech, Data Services, and more. We are creating the Future of Real Estate by building and launching multiple tech companies committed to serving and empowering people everywhere.
We are launching synergistic tech startups that will scale via real estate into numerous industries creating a flywheel effect where each launch strengthens the value of the network, increases the talent density, accelerates cross-pollination of ideas, and creates mutually beneficial corporate and technical infrastructure.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the product and design leaders to better understand how to leverage the knowledge gained through user research to build innovative solutions that provide value to those that have been traditionally underserved by technology;
- Help own development efforts as a founding engineer on one of Rex’s launch stage companies both as an individual contributor and technical expert;
- Design, build, test, deploy, and maintain performant, highly-scalable backend systems for web and mobile applications;
- Implement software design standards and best practices;
- Collaborate with, and provide feedback to, teammates in design and product to ensure timely delivery of project objectives; and
- Execute with a high degree of individual ownership, but are also adept working as part of a team.
Experience/Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field and five (5) years of experience as a Software Developer.
- 5 years of experience in Software Engineer roles;
- 5 years of experience developing REST APIs using Node.js and Express.js;
- Experience developing Node applications using TypeScript;
- Experience building systems on cloud-based infrastructure platforms like AWS or GCP;
- Experience using modern build and deployment tools such as Docker and Kubernetes; and
- You have worked with relational and NoSQL databases.
Before you apply, review these resources to better understand our culture and mission:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and early-in equity awards
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) with employer match
- Unlimited (discretionary) PTO in addition to Holidays and your birthday off
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Dependent Flexible Spending Account
- Mental health telecounseling options
- We are committed to serving others with a focus on faith, family, and freedom
- This is a remote role based in the Austin Metropolitan area. We get together for team events and working sessions on occasion so we are looking for people who live in or want to live in the Austin, Texas area.
From the top-down, we are committed to investing in the development of all team members in both a professional and personal setting. We host monthly company socials where employees and family members get together to build our community. Regular performance evaluations are intended to provide a feedback loop, providing opportunities for consistent growth on both ends.