Private Equity Leader, Real Estate
Rex is an ecosystem that incubates, launches and operates tech startups across a number of sectors at the intersection of technology and real estate: Services, FinTech, InsureTech, Data Services, and more. We are creating the Future of Real Estate by building and launching multiple tech companies committed to serving and empowering people everywhere. This position will lead our private equity team, ATX Acquisitions, part of the Rex ecosystem.
ATX Acquisitions pursues long-term, opportunistic real estate investments. Our mission is to maximize long-run compounded returns to our investors.
For over 15 years, founder Peter Rex and his team have generated market-leading returns for investors. Rex and the team have generated 20%+ IRR’s, placing the returns in line with top-quartile private real estate funds.
Job Role Overview
Rex is seeking a leader for our private equity initiative. This leader will be responsible for driving all deal flow, capital raising, and strategy decisions for a growing private equity shop with a 10+ year track record of top quartile returns for investors. With a patient temperament, the ideal candidate has expertise underwriting, transacting, and asset managing real estate assets as well as capital raising from HNW/UHNW individuals and family offices.
What you’ll do:
- Take a hands-on approach to create a top-notch team across the board.
- Raising capital will take priority, but oversight of the entire capability is paramount
- Own the P&L.
- Build a platform that is direct to investors without the hassle of intermediaries.
- Create and leverage scalable marketing tactics.
- Execute outsourcing strategies for non-core capabilities, keeping a lean and mean team.
- Drive value through asset management.
- Write and design concise investor materials for deal offerings; copy, visual, video, etc.
What you offer:
- 12-15 years of experience in Real Estate / Private Equity
- Experience taking a project from start to finish with exemplary results
- 3+ years leading a team to their highest potential
- Passion for capital raising with an ability to exceed expectations through marketing, structuring, closing, and servicing
- Ranked in the top 10% with investment track record
- Commended by colleagues and friends for maintaining a cool temperament in any situation
- Tech-forward thinker
- Desire to create a direct to investor platform that doesn’t involve a middleman
Before you apply, review these resources to better understand our culture and mission:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and early-in equity awards
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) with employer match
- Unlimited (discretionary) PTO in addition to Holidays and your birthday off
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Dependent Flexible Spending Account
- Mental health telecounseling options
- We are committed to serving others with a focus on faith, family, and freedom
- The position is based in Austin, Texas
From the top-down, we are committed to investing in the development of all team members in both a professional and personal setting. We host monthly company socials where employees and family members get together to build our community. Regular performance evaluations are intended to provide a feedback loop, providing opportunities for consistent growth on both ends.