Social Media Chief
Rex is an ecosystem that incubates, launches and operates tech startups across a number of sectors at the intersection of technology and real estate: Services, FinTech, InsureTech, Data Services, and more. We are creating the Future of Real Estate by building and launching multiple tech companies committed to serving and empowering people everywhere.
We are launching synergistic tech startups that will scale via real estate into numerous industries creating a flywheel effect where each launch strengthens the value of the network, increases the talent density, accelerates cross-pollination of ideas, and creates mutually beneficial corporate and technical infrastructure.
Job Role Overview
Rex Founder and CEO, Peter Rex, is seeking a Social Media Chief to lead all social media efforts for Pete and the Rex family of businesses. This role will be responsible for building campaigns targeting a sophisticated audience using social media platforms, particularly LinkedIn, Instagram, and X. Competency in most mediums is expected, with expert level knowledge in video.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive business outreach strategy to increase affinity, engagement and traffic across the Rex ecosystem.
- Work across all startups creating content (video, photos, etc.) and work directly with our CEO/Founder to create and edit content for his media.
- Be creative, turn branded content into social gold (clips, gifs, graphics, photos, stories, copy, etc.)
- Work with our existing collection of photography and video as well as capture new video and static images turning them into content assets built for individual platforms and audiences.
- Work with our Talent team to create marketing content for roles across the companies.
- Hone your design, editing, and blurb-writing skills utilizing standard industry software and social platforms.
What you offer:
- 5 or more years of experience in media
- Track record of end-to-end creation of scalable content, particularly video.
- Experience creating content for LinkedIn, Instagram, X and other leading social platforms.
- Creative thinker with a passion for storytelling and engaging content.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or similar discipline.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced organization
- Extreme bias to execute
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- A self-starter with a growth mindset.
Before you apply, review these resources to better understand our culture and mission:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and early-in equity awards
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) with employer match
- Unlimited (discretionary) PTO in addition to Holidays and your birthday off
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Dependent Flexible Spending Account
- Mental health telecounseling options
- We are committed to serving others with a focus on faith, family, and freedom
- The position is based in Austin, Texas
From the top-down, we are committed to investing in the development of all team members in both a professional and personal setting. We host monthly company socials where employees and family members get together to build our community. Regular performance evaluations are intended to provide a feedback loop, providing opportunities for consistent growth on both ends.