Catalyst Partner/Technical Advisor
Rex is an ecosystem that incubates, launches and operates tech startups across a number of sectors at the intersection of technology and real estate: Services, FinTech, InsureTech, Data Services, and more. We are creating the Future of Real Estate by building and launching multiple tech companies committed to serving and empowering people everywhere.
We are launching synergistic tech startups that will scale via real estate into numerous industries creating a flywheel effect where each launch strengthens the value of the network, increases the talent density, accelerates cross-pollination of ideas, and creates mutually beneficial corporate and technical infrastructure.
Job Role Overview
Rex founder and CEO, Peter Rex, seeks to hire a key player to report directly to Pete and provide leverage for two years with the future goal to move into leadership. This is a grooming position, meant to create immediate and long-term strategic high impact. The role is known colloquially as “Peter Rex’s Shadow”. The person must be extraordinarily ambitious, unquestionably elite, and have substantial intellectual horsepower. They will serve in a variety of roles, catalyzing initiatives, and have a front row seat in decision making across numerous tech/investment businesses where they’re expected to provide a unique perspective on the company’s operations and strategic direction.
What you’ll do:
- Provide leverage to the CEO, catalyzing action on high priority projects being driven by the office of the CEO.
- Connecting the dots, ensuring alignment across many Rex initiatives.
- Peeking around corners, identifying/mitigating problems before they occur.
- Provide white glove service to investors and potential investors.
- Oversee social media activities and investment collateral, with an eye toward building credibility with a sophisticated client base.
- Client Relationship Management: Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders.
What you offer:
- 5 or more years of experience
- Bachelor's degree.
- Strong business acumen
- Proven track record of results
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Social media/marketing proficiency
- A self-starter with a growth mindset.
Before you apply, review these resources to better understand our culture and mission:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and early-in equity awards
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) with employer match
- Unlimited (discretionary) PTO in addition to Holidays and your birthday off
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Dependent Flexible Spending Account
- Mental health telecounseling options
- We are committed to serving others with a focus on faith, family, and freedom
- This is a remote role based in the Austin Metropolitan area. We get together for team events and working sessions on occasion so we are looking for people who live in or want to live in the Austin, Texas area.
From the top-down, we are committed to investing in the development of all team members in both a professional and personal setting. We host monthly company socials where employees and family members get together to build our community. Regular performance evaluations are intended to provide a feedback loop, providing opportunities for consistent growth on both ends.