Director, Strategic Initiatives
Rex is an ecosystem that incubates, launches and operates tech startups across a number of sectors at the intersection of technology and real estate: Services, FinTech, InsureTech, Data Services, and more. We are creating the Future of Real Estate by building and launching multiple tech companies committed to serving and empowering people everywhere.
We are launching synergistic tech startups that will scale via real estate into numerous industries creating a flywheel effect where each launch strengthens the value of the network, increases the talent density, accelerates cross-pollination of ideas, and creates mutually beneficial corporate and technical infrastructure.
Job Role Overview
Rex is seeking a Director of Strategic Initiatives to work alongside Peter Rex, the founder and CEO of Rex. This role will be responsible for capital raising, social media, and marketing operations. The role requires extreme poise and confidence, with a keen eye towards investment thinking, thought leadership, and emerging media trends.
What you’ll do:
- Actively build and optimize a scalable capital raising process.
- Provide white glove service to investors and potential investors.
- Oversee social media activities and investment collateral, with an eye toward building credibility with a sophisticated client base.
- Client Relationship Management: Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders.
- One off execution of projects on behalf of the CEO.
What you offer:
- 2 or more years of experience, preferably at a blue-chip investment or advisory firm.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Strong business acumen
- Proven track record of results
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A self-starter with a growth mindset.
Before you apply, review these resources to better understand our culture and mission:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and early-in equity awards
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) with employer match
- Unlimited (discretionary) PTO in addition to Holidays and your birthday off
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Dependent Flexible Spending Account
- Mental health telecounseling options
- We are committed to serving others with a focus on faith, family, and freedom
- The position is based in Austin, Texas
From the top-down, we are committed to investing in the development of all team members in both a professional and personal setting. We host monthly company socials where employees and family members get together to build our community. Regular performance evaluations are intended to provide a feedback loop, providing opportunities for consistent growth on both ends.